Your original passport with a validity of at least 6 months after the expiry date of your visa.
It is also important that your passport contains at least 2 empty visa pages that are opposite each other.
An official, color passport photo that meets the following conditions:
Photo is less than 3 months old
Background is white or light gray in color
Dimensions are 3.5 x 4.5 cm
Embassy Registration (highly recommended)
Due to the increasing threat, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs recommends that every traveler register. In this way, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs can inform and support you more easily if necessary.
What exactly is a New Zealand visa?
From 1 October 2019, New Zealand will no longer be visa-free for all travelers. All travelers (except Australian and New Zealand passport holders) are required to arrange a visa in advance.
This is called a New Zealand Electronic Travel Authorization, or an NZeTA. This concerns an electronic authorization letter, with which you can cross the borders of New Zealand. You must also be in possession of an NZeTA during a transfer. So even if you only travel via Auckland International Airport, you must apply for an NZeTA in advance. Keep in mind that with the transit visa you may not leave the designated transit area of the airport. Do you wish to do this in advance? In that case, apply for the NZeTA for tourist or business travelers. This can be done entirely online via our website.
Costs and processing time for the New Zealand visa
In addition to the visa, a tourist tax must also be paid. The New Zealand government requires all travelers (including business travelers) to comply with the so-called “International Visitor Conservation and Tourism Levy” (IVL). This city tax is $35 NZD and is included in the total visa price fee. The costs of a NZeTA visa, including tourist tax, are €39.95,- including VAT per person. Children must also have their own visa. The standard processing time is on average 5 working days (from the moment of submitting your visa application to the NZ embassy) for the NZeTA e-visa.
If your application is in a hurry, it is also possible to request an NZeTA urgently via our website. In that case you pay €59.95- per person. Tthe visa will then be issued to you within 2 working days (in practice, however, the visa is often provided the same day). You can use this visa immediately after receiving it.
On our website you can have a visa New-Zealand application (with or without urgency) for both tourist and business trips to New Zealand.
We can apply for this visa completely digitally for you, without having to receive physical documents from you, such as your passport and travel details. All this can be done entirely online, so that the visa for New Zealand can be arranged for you much faster than the regular visa.
For whom is the New Zealand visa intended?
The New Zealand visa is for all travelers with a Dutch or Belgian passport. You can travel with it for the following purposes:
- Business travel
- Tourist travel
- Participation in (unpaid) tournaments and sports
- Any applications and intake interviews
Are you traveling to New Zealand for another reason and want to know if you need a NZeTA New Zealand visa? Then give us a call! We will immediately find out for you whether the visa applies to your situation and which fitting options there are for you.
How long is the NZeTA visa New Zealand valid?
The New Zealand e-visa (NZeTA) is valid for 2 years, from the time of issue in The Hague. It is also a multiple entry visa, so you can travel in and out of the country an unlimited number of times.
It is important to know the following:
- The visa is valid for 2 years after the date of issue, so not from the moment you enter the country, but from the moment the visa is issued.
- You can stay in the country for a maximum of 3 consecutive months at a time, shorter is always possible, longer.
- A maximum of 6 months may be resided in New Zealand in any 12-month period.
- All travelers (including children) must have their own visa. It is therefore not possible to put multiple people on one e-visa New Zealand.
Additional information about the Visa New-Zealand application
When you arrive in New Zealand you should take into account the following:
- You must be able to prove by means of a registered flight ticket that you will leave the country within 3 months after the date of entry
- You must be able to demonstrate that you have sufficient financial means to support yourself – and possibly your family – during the stay and that you will not become dependent on the government of New Zealand.
- During your stay in New Zealand, you may not perform any (paid and / or unpaid) work at the NZeTA. If you plan to do an internship or volunteer, please contact us first so we can find out which visa applies to your trip.
- You must not have serious and / or communicable (mental or physical) diseases. If you expect to have serious medical problems during your stay, you are not eligible for an NZeTA.
- You must not pose a risk to security, public order or law enforcement during your stay.
- If you have received a prison sentence or are suspected of a fact that could lead to this, you will not be eligible for the NZeTA e-visa.
Unfortunately, if you have been given a prison sentence or expect to receive it in the near future, we cannot assist you with applying for a New Zealand visa, as the government requires you to do this in person at the embassy.
In order to obtain the New Zealand e-visa, we need to receive a number of data and documents from you. You can read on our visa New Zealand page which documents these are and what exactly they must meet to qualify for the NZeTA visa. Here you will also find an overview of the rates and possible processing procedures per visa type.